Guidelines for Zip Book item requests:
- Books (regular or large print) that cost up to $50 (pre-tax) that the Kings County Library does not own are eligible for Zip Books. Audiobooks or foreign-language items that cost up to $75 (pre-tax) that the Kings County Library does not own are eligible for Zip Books. Books published within the past twelve months, Kindle eBooks, Audible audiobooks, videos, or DVDs are NOT eligible. No pre-publication items are eligible for request.
- Best sellers, including Adult Fiction, are now allowed up to 3 copies only
- Duplicate titles or items already owned by our system can now be purchased up to 3 additional copies, not counting what is already owned.
Zip Books customers are asked to return Zip Book items via library book drops through the following process:
- On a piece of paper, write down the name and library card number of the person who requested the Zip Book.
- Place the sheet and returned Zip Book inside a clean bag.
- Securely close the bag.
- Place the bag in any Kings County Library book drop.