Access to eAudiobooks, eBooks, emagazines, electronic resources, & streaming video are limited to Kings County Public Library accounts (except where noted.)
- eBooks & audiobooks
- 14 Day Loan Period • Max 3 titles • Max 5 Holds
- Read on mobile devices (i.e. iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch®, Android™) with 3M Cloud app
- Transfer to most eReaders except Kindle® with a PC
- Access for all SJVLS Library card holders
- Over 18,000 titles in all areas of fiction and non-fiction for children, teens and adults
- eBooks check out for 21 days
- Checkout limit: 20 titles
- Hold limit: 20 titles
- Hold period: 21 days
Libby, by OverDrive
- Read eBooks and audiobooks on your phone or tablet or send books to your Kindle. It's easy to get started and a streamlined experience for current OverDrive app users.
Libby & OverDrive eMagazines
- Can be used through Libby or OverDrive app & website
- Hundreds of eMagazine titles avaialable for download
- No loan period! You download it, you get to keep it
- No limit to the number of magazines you can download
- Read on your PC, MAC or any compatible mobile device (i.e. iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch®, Android™) with the Libby or OverDrive app.
- Access requires a Kings County Public Library card.
Find breaking news, multimedia, reviews & opinion on Washington, business, sports, movies, travel, books, jobs, education, real estate, and much, much more.
Your library card gives you 24 hour complimentary, unlimited access to the digital edition of The New York Times.
The New York Times Online - Free Access
- Up to 21 Day Loan Period • Max 25 eResources • Max 30 Holds
- Read on mobile devices (i.e. iPhone®, iPad®, iPod Touch®, Android™, Blackberry®) with the Libby app or the OverDrive app
- Read via the web browser of any mobile, portable or desktop computer
- Transfer to most eReaders including Kindle® with a PC or Mac®
- Access requires a Kings County Public Library card with fines under $5 and residence within Kings County.
- Project Gutenberg has over 60,000 free; no fees or registration needed and no special apps needed! Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them, or read them online.
- Most titles on Project Gutenberg were published before 1924.