In conjunction with the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet), the Kings County Library provides volunteers who are pleased to help veterans and their families. Visit the Veterans Resource Center at the Hanford Branch Library and the Corcoran Branch Library to learn about state and federal education, employment, housing, health, disability and other benefits that may be available to you and your family.
If you are a veteran or a family member of a veteran, make sure to follow our new Kings County Library - Veterans Resource Center Facebook page to get information on resources and upcoming events!
Click this link to visit the page: https://www.facebook.com/kcl.vrc/
You can also reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your service to our country! Veteran strong!
Brainfuse’s JobNow & VetNow features live online assistance, resume lab help, and wide range of academic tools to help job seekers and veterans reach their goals.
JobNow & VetNow’s features include:
- Live Veteran Navigator Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- JobNow Receive live job coaching, real-time interview practice, full-service resume lab, 24/7 access to local job resources and more!
- Resume Assistance Prepare your resume with help from JobNow resources including resume templates; receive expert feedback via live interaction or the resume lab.
- Prepare for Your Interview Review interview tips and resources; connect with a job coach to practice interviewing.
- Live Assistance Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading, writing, history, GED, college placement tests and more!
- Career Resources Begin your job hunt with JobNow’s powerful tools.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Multiple Ways to Learn Multiple, research-based tools to accommodate all types of learners.
- Thousands of Robust Lessons Clear explanations and vivid artwork to help users master academic concepts.
- Broad Range of Subjects Full academic support for your patrons in hundreds of subject areas, including AP subjects, career certifications, GRE, GMAT, and more.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- Adult Learning Center Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
COVID-19 Resource Page for Veterans: https://californiaveterans.org/resource/covid-19-resources-for-veterans/
Free Educational Resource List For Military and Veteran Families: https://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/76115/military-child-education-coalition-free-resources-veteran-families/
Trustworthy smartphone apps for Veterans:
Trustworthy apps developed by VA https://mobile.va.gov/appstore
Local Veterans Resources
Kings County Veterans Service Office
The Kings County Veterans Service Office provides a variety of aid and information to our valley’s population of servicemen and women.
Scott Holwell, Kings County Public Guardian and Veterans Service Officer
1400 W Lacey Blvd, Law Blvd. #4
Hanford, CA 93230
Phone: (559) 852-2669
Monday through Friday - 8 AM to 5 PM
WALK IN HOURS:
Monday and Wednesday - 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM
Tuesday and Thursday - 1 PM to 4 PM
Monday thru Thursday - 8:30 AM to 3 PM
To view website click here
California Department of Veteran Affairs
Annette Wholaver, Central Valley Local Interagency Network Coordinator
1320 E Shaw Avenue Suite #105, Fresno, CA 93710
Phone: (916) 539-2431
To view website click here.
VA Central California Health Care System
“Honoring America’s Veterans with quality health care services, part of the largest integrated health care system in the U.S.”
2615 E. Clinton Avenue
Fresno, CA 93703
Phone: (559) 225-6100
To view website, click here
VA Outpatient Centers
- Oakhurst Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
40597 Westlake Drive, Oakhurst, CA 93644
Phone: (559) 683-5300
- Tulare Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
1050 N. Cherry Street, Tulare, CA 93274
Phone: (559) 684-8703
- Merced Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
340 E Yosemite Ave, Merced, CA 95340
Phone: (209) 381-0105
What is VA.GOV?
VA.gov is your gateway to your veteran benefits; A one-stop shop! Access healthcare, employment, education, compensation, housing, and pension benefits and records. Start your journey below!
To view website, click here
Social Security Administration
"Information For Wounded Warriors And Veterans Who Have A Compensation Rating Of 100% Permanent & Total (P&T)"
Click here for more information.
Veterans Crisis Line
“The caring professionals at the Veterans Crisis Line are specially trained and experienced in helping Veterans of all ages and circumstances”
Click here for website
Central California Legal Services
“Do you have an other-than-honorable discharge? This organization can help you appeal”
Click here for website
A more complete listing of resources can be found here in the official U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs publication.
National Call Center for Homeless Veterans: Dial 988 and select 1 or text 838255
If you are Deaf or hard of hearing, call TTY 1-800-799-4889
VA Caregiver Support Line: 1-855-260-3274
Wounded Warrior Resource Center: 1-800-342-9647