Contact-Free Library Pickup Services
What are Contact-Free Library Pickup Services?
- Contact-free library pickup services allows customers to place on hold library materials such as books, CDs, and DVDs then call to schedule a time to pick-up the requested materials at a Kings County Library location that the customer chooses.
- Contact-free library pickup services are available at all Kings County Library locations.
Can I return my books and library materials when I arrive to pick-up my items?
- Library books and materials at home can only be returned through Kings County Library book drops.
What is the schedule for Contact-Free Library Pickup Services?
- Avenal: Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Corcoran: Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Hanford: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Kettleman City: Thursdays, 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Lemoore: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Stratford Branch: Wednesdays 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
How do I use Contact-Free Library Pickup Services?
- Reserve your items online by logging onto your account from the library’s website at www.kingscountylibrary.org and clicking the “my account” button, via the phone, or using the ValleyCat mobile app.
- You will receive a notification once your items are ready to be picked up.
- Call the library to schedule a pick-up time.
- Pick up your items only during pick-up hours.
- Click here to submit a curbside request pickup form for our contact-free library pickup services.
How many items may I check-out?
- If you place a hold online, the check-out limit is 30 items per card.
- If you call in your request, the check-out limit 5 items.
May I bring donations at pick-up?
- We are not accepting donations at this time.
Are there safety control measures to follow when picking up items?
- Yes, the library is following these State and Kings County guidelines:
- Masks are required when you pick-up your items.
- No mask, no service.
- Six (6 ft.) social distance will be observed.
What do I do if I have questions about my requested library books and/or materials?
- Call the library branch where your items are being held to schedule a time for pick-up.
- If you have any questions about whether your items are ready, log into your account, click the “holds” tab, and make sure the ‘hold’ box is checked next to the item.
Do I have to have a car to use this service?
- Contact-Free Library Pickup Services are designed for customers to walk up and pick-up their library materials.
Are we able to select books or library materials inside the library?
- Unfortunately, no. All Kings County Library buildings are closed to the public until further notice.
Do I need to bring my library card?
- Yes! Please bring your library card.
I do not have a library card. How to I apply for one?
- You can apply for a library card online by checking out our website at www.kingscountylibrary.org.
Enjoy your library materials!