The first Stratford Library was completed April 30, 1913. The second library was completed May 16, 1952. The present building was dedicated December 22, 1990. The second library building was demolished to make room for the new building. Stratford and Corcoran are the two oldest established branches outside of the county seat of Hanford. This library was partially funded with a Library Services and Construction Act, Title II Grant. Top check-outs are picture books; fiction and juvenile non-fiction.
Stratford is a small town that is all agricultural. It was founded in the early 1900's. It has a K-8 elementary school. The Central Unified School district and Orton's are two of the major employers in town. It is a census-desiginated place. Many of the long-standing residents take pride in their community.