Our newspaper holdings are not comprehensive, especially for the smaller communities. At the present time, all Hanford Journal and Hanford Sentinel newspaper microfilm are unavailable due to a digitizing project howver, microfilm can be viewed online via Digital Reel website found by clicking here.
Digital Reel website access is available inside all Kings County Library locations.
Digital Reel's Kings County digitized newspaper collection covers the following newspapers:
•HANFORD DAILY JOURNAL (1899-1942)
•HANFORD DAILY SENTINEL (1943-1967)
•HANFORD JOURNAL (1891-1955)
•HANFORD MORNING JOURNAL (1937-1944)
•HANFORD SENTINEL (1889- )
•THE HANFORD SENTINEL (1976-2001)
•THE SENTINEL (2001-2006)
Here is a list of the Kings County Library microfilm records for the following newspapers:
At Hanford Branch Library:
- Avenal Progress: 1986 - Present
- Avenal Times: 1980 - 1982
- Corcoran Journal: 1971 - Present
- Hanford Journal: 1891 - 1954 (holdings incomplete) (currently unavailable)
- Hanford Sentinel: 1907 - Present (holdings incomplete) (currently unavailable)
- Lemoore Advance: Apr. 1916 - 1970 (There are gaps in the collection)
- Lemoore Leader: Jan. 1896 - Dec. 1898
- Lemoore Republican: Aug. 1905 - Dec. 1908
- Lemoore Republican: Jan. 1909 -July 1913
At Lemoore Branch Library:
- Lemoore Advance: 1971 - Present
Photocopies are only available at the Hanford Branch location. If you are wishing to make copies from the Lemoore Advance, please contact the Hanford Branch reference staff at 559-582-0261 x4003 in advance to make arrangements for the specific film to be made available at the Hanford building.
Any searches performed by library staff is done for a fee of $15.00 per hour regardless of whether information is found.
To obtain copies of obituaries or other items from these papers:
- Visit the Hanford Branch Library or call 559-582-0261 x4003.